Math 3613 Homework
Return to the Modern Geometry home page.
Due on Tuesday, January 30.
- Page 64: We did Q6 in class. Now do
Q7, Q8 and Q9.
Due on Tuesday, February 6, 2001.
No homework due Tuesday, Feb 13, 2001 [Mid I].
Due on Tuesday, February 20, 2001.
- Pages 105--110: 8, 12, 13, 16, 17, 18, 36.
- Look at (but do not turn in) 1, 2, 9, 10, 11.
Due Tuesday, March 6, 2000. [We sketched 24, 26, 27 in class!!]
- Pages 105--110: 24, 26, 27, 28.
Due Tuesday, April 3, 2000.
- The two homework questions given out in class!
Get the notes
from a classmate if you missed Thursday's lecture.
- Let ABC be a triangle in the euclidean plane.
We've sen in
class that the composition [CA][BC][AB] is a glide.
[AB] denotes reflection in the unique line [AB] which contains
vertices A and B,
and [BC] and [CA] are similarly defined.
Show that the axis of this glide always contians
the foot of the altitude (perpendicular)
from B to the line [AC]
and the foot of the altitude from C to the line [AB].
- Let l and m be parallel lines. Describe all the isometries you
by taking composites of l and m. Your sequences of
composities can be as long
as you like: eg lmlmlmlm etc.
Due Tuesday, April 10, 2001
- page 382 Q59 and Q60. For 60: just describe the group as on page 368.
Extra homework [gives Mid III grade]
Due on Thursday, February 15, 2000.
- Pages 65, 66, 67: Do major exercises 1 through 8