- I am interested in geometric group theory and low dimensional
topology. Specific topics include
(and their subgroups),
Morse theory, (high dimensional) filling invariants of groups,
finiteness properties of groups,
automatic and biautomatic groups, cubical complexes...
- Here is a list of my papers and preprints.
- Graduate Students.
- I have one graduate student who is currently
thinking about topics in geometric group theory; Ignat Soroko.
- In Spring 2008 my first student,
Martinez-Pedroza, completed his PhD thesis
on combination theorems
for quasi-convex subgroups of
relatively hyperbolic groups. He is now a member of the mathematics department at Memorial University of Newfoundland.
- In Fall 2008 Antara Mukherjee completed her
PhD thesis on second order Dehn functions of Nil and Sol
lattices and Varopolous transport. She is one of the mathematics faculty at the Citadel
in Charlestown, South Carolina.
- In Summer 2009
completed her PhD
thesis on largeness of graphs of abelian groups. After graduation TaraLee joined the mathematics department at the
College of Mount
St Joseph in Cincinnati, Ohio. She was a Project NExT fellow.
- In Summer 2012 Sang Rae Lee completed his thesis on cube complex structures associated to Houghton's groups. He is currently a postdoctoral associate at Texas A&M University.
- Consider applying for a post-doctoral appointment at the
University of Oklahoma. Here are our current and past
geometric group theory post-doctoral associates.
- Current schedules of the
OU Geometry and Topology Seminar and the
Student Topology and Geometry Seminar.
- If you are interested in learning about geometric group
theory, here are some good online resources.
- By now there is an extensive list of survey articles and books on
geometric group theory and related topics.
Here is a (necessarily incomplete) selection.
This is under construction.